Hey! here you are. I know you are looking for the top and the best US Colleges To Study Online. Finding and deciding to attend school online is challenging. As there are many colleges and online programs, choosing the top colleges to study online becomes difficult. We will discuss everything and solve all your doubts, such as how you know:
- Which program do you want to pursue?
- Which schools offer that,
- and which one is right for you?
The COVID-19 pandemic disturbs many things, including education. When we talk about teaching and studying during the ongoing pandemic, the best solution is Online courses. It is not just an option for many students but also a requirement. It is also the best way to prevent the coronavirus spread among students, faculty, and staff.
The benefits of choosing an online college for students are:
- A flexible schedule of an online learning environment
- No need to attend class on campus
- Complete coursework from anywhere
- More accessible pathway to a degree
- Enroll in the best schools online without quitting jobs.
Best US Colleges To Study Online
List of the Seven best US colleges and online universities that offer various degrees and certificates such as bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, postgraduate, etc.
- University Of Florida
- University of Central Florida
- Texas Tech University
- University of Missouri
- Florida State University
1/University Of Florida
The University of Florida provides more than 300 online programs and also offers sixteen online bachelor’s options. The graduation rate is 87% which is quite impressive. Online applicants must meet the University’s general admission requirements. According to U.S. News & World Report, its online MBA program ranked #1 in Florida, and online bachelor’s program ranked #13.
You can earn bachelor’s degrees in different fields, such as:
- communication disorders
- media journalism.
At the graduate level, you get degrees in the area, such as:
It also offers undergraduate majors, such as:
- business administration
Distance students get:
- an online management system
- library resources
- career opportunity services
- an online registration program.
2/University of Central Florida
It is a public research university in Orlando, Florida, and one of the best online colleges. Students complete degree requirements and navigate distance learning resources. It offers 20 bachelor’s options entirely online with several online undergrad certificates. The University of Central graduation rate is 69%. There is a $30 application fee and class size of about 30 students. They have the same faculty members for online and on-campus programs. The University of Central Florida Online focuses on affordability and convenience for learners.
The most popular online bachelor’s university programs include:
- criminal justice
At the graduate level, master’s students can pursue online degrees
- social work
- healthcare informatics
- nonprofit management
- criminal justice.
3/Texas Tech University – Top US Colleges To Study Online
Acceptance rate – 63% rate
Application fee – $75.
The school charges – $430.50/credit hour.
Texas Tech offers six different bachelor’s degree programs, such as:
- Human Sciences
- General Students, etc.
It also provides 20 various master’s degree programs and four online doctoral programs. Other post-grad certificate programs are:
- software engineering
- soil management
- wind energy, etc.
Texas Tech uses Blackboard as the online management system to facilitate forums, file share, and curate live courses. It accrediting degree‐granting from SACSCOC (Southern Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Colleges).
4/University of Missouri – Top US Colleges To Study Online
- Acceptance rate – 84%
- Application fee – $35
- Faculty ratio – 22 to 1
- Graduation rate – 55%
- Online course and certificates – 90+
Missouri was established in 1905. It also offers various bachelor’s degree programs such as:
- Hospitality Management
- Educational Studies
- Health Services
Some programs require students to participate on campus for tests or hands-on learning. The on-campus faculty and the Online classes faculty are the same. Depending on the course, Semesters range from eight to sixteen weeks. Missouri uses three different course management systems to allow students easy access to their classes.
5/Florida State University – Top US Colleges To Study Online
FSU offers nationally renowned faculty members and academic programs. FSU ensures both online or on-campus studying students get the maximum attention. Student gets high standard and quality education. For that, the FSU continually improving to make courses better and better. FSU offers degrees that you can complete 100% online. If you want to complete your degree but can not reach the campus, then be sure to check out FSU online programs. FSU offers undergraduate and graduate programs. FSU also offers flexible programs for careers in tech, education, and business.
At FSU, online students can earn bachelor’s degrees in:
- Social science
- Computer science
FSU online master’s programs are:
- Business administration
- Educational leadership
- Art education.
To support distance learners, FSU also offers:
- Academic tutoring
- Library services
- Online mentoring
Pros And Cons Of Online Study
At first, we will talk about the pros of Online Graduate Degrees and then the Cons of online graduate degrees.
Cons of Online Graduate Degrees
- Easy for students – Online Graduate Degrees makes it easy to complete their course from any geolocation. So you don’t have to go to the campus to study and complete your course.
- Apply for jobs – Students can take what they learn in an online master’s program and directly apply it to their jobs.
- Schedules – If you have a busy schedule then online degrees help you to complete your Coursework. Students can plan their coursework time around a busy schedule.
Cons of Online Graduate Degrees
- Communication – Online programs are challenging for the students who like the personal interaction with the faculty. There is a lack of in-person communication in online degree programs.
- Discipline and Time – Students have to maintain discipline and time between the classes and work/family responsibilities.
- Interaction with classmates – Students gets fewer opportunities to interact and make network with classmates.
How to Apply to Online College
The admissions process for online college is similar to the on-campus programs. Admissions requirements also vary at the graduate level, depending on the discipline and school.
1. Note deadlines: If you are interested in online college then you should note important deadlines for things such as admissions application, financial aid, and test score submission. You will find this information on the college websites. The online program academic calendars may be different from on-campus offerings, so the deadlines may also be changed.
2. Complete the FAFSA: You can pay for a degree in any format – online, in person, or both and thus FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) become an important tool for many students. The FAFSA and financial aid form is complex so many schools have trained advisers to help the student.
3. Fill The Application: An online degree-seeking student will also need to complete this application. The Common Application asks for basic information such as name, address, contact information, answer school-specific questions.
4. Submit An Essay: As many online students already have some work experience so students will possibly have to write an essay.
5. Recommendation letters: It is often required from both undergraduate and graduate online students.
6. Submit transcripts and test scores: Depends on the school and area of study, the Online master’s degree applicants will probably need to submit a college transcript, whether from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Students may also need to submit SAT scores and ACT scores, depending on the program’s requirements.
There are also many other top US colleges to study online that will confuse you. So in this article, we make a shortlist of the five top US colleges to study online. We also talked about – how to apply for the top US colleges to study online? If you have doubts related to online colleges, let us know in the comment section and also which college you choose and why? Thank You…