Are you confused that what CMS to use for your website? There are tons of CMS from which you can select. So which website platform to use? You will learn about this in this article…
So what does a CMS means?
A CMS (Content Management System) is a platform that lets you create a website without the knowledge of coding. Almost all the CMS let you build a website touching a single line of code. Only a few of them will require coding.
Here, we will explain which will be the best CMS (website platform) for you…
Best Website Platforms (CMS) – 2021
WordPress.org is without a doubt, the best CMS platform right now. The stats don’t lie – it is the most popular CMS in the world, running on more than 35% of websites on the internet. Note – don’t ever confuse WordPress.org with WordPress.com, it’s confusing not gonna lie.
WordPress(org) is a free open-source CMS that was primarily made for blogging. But as time progressed, it is now used for every kind of site. No matter what kind of the site you will be able to make it and manage it with WordPress(org). You will still need web hosting and domain tho.
Here are the benefits of using WordPress(org) :
- The freedom and flexibility that WordPress provides are unmatchable. You can literally build any kind of website.
- You don’t need to have any kind of knowledge, you don’t need coding skills to build and manage sites with WordPress.
- You can make money with your website and you won’t have to pay for anything extra.
- There are thousands of free and paid WordPress themes/plugins. You can build your own themes/plugins and sell them.
- It’s great for SEO. There isn’t a CMS that’s better than WordPress(org) in this department.
Just like WordPress(org), Joomla is another open-source CMS platform. Like the other platform, it comes with many free templates and extensions. With these tools, you will be able to create any kind of website you want. It won’t be much difficult.
Even though it’s free like WordPress(org), you will still need a domain name and web hosting. There are many features you will benefit from using Joomla. It’s the ideal platform for developers and experienced creators. Not so easy for beginners.
Here are the benefits of using Joomla :
- It provides you with a lot of flexibility and tons of options. This is pretty great for building something complicated.
- Even if it’s great for developers, it’s not necessary to know about programming. You can do just as better with touching a line of code.
- Just like WordPress, it’s also a free open-source platform. There’s a lot of community help.
- You can make any site with the help of Joomla be it – a blog, a complex website, or an online store.
With WordPress(org) and Joomla, Drupal is one of the holy open-source CMS trios. This CMS is used by a lot of popular websites including The Economist and a number of well-acclaimed sites. There are many templates and extensions you can choose from.
Drupal is great for websites that have huge amounts of data. It also has built-in access tools that give you advanced controls over the CMS. If you are a newbie then you won’t find it easy. You need to have tech knowledge or hire a developer to get the max benefits.
Here are the benefits of using Drupal :
- Adding content on Drupal is pretty easy. The custom content type offers flexibility and many other options.
- There are modules that enhance the functional ability of your site.
- There’s a great community to help if you’re stuck anywhere.
- User Management is simple. You can easily add or manage roles.
Magento is an open-source platform for E-Commerce. It’s just like the E-commerce version of WordPress(org). Magento offers great flexibility in addition to powerful security. However, it isn’t easy for non-tech people to get into. You will need technical knowledge.
What most people don’t know is – Magento is a service by Adobe. You have two options – use the free version with some restrictions (Magento OpenSource), or, you pay them to set up and maintain your store which gets very expensive.
Here are the benefits of using Magento :
- It’s highly customizable, there are lots of third-party plugins for adding extra features.
- It’s great if you want to grow your online business. You can put up lots of products and it can handle many customers.
- Tons of big brands use Magento. Some of them are – Coca Cola, Ford, Nike, etc.
- You can connect many payment gateways with your online store.
dotCMS is another open-source CMS but it comes with an API-first approach. Building any kind of Sites or E-Commerce store is pretty easy as it has a drag-and-drop feature. After that, you can use the API to send your content to any destination be it – websites or apps.
You surely need to have tech knowledge if you want to work on dotCMS. It’s possible for beginners to get used to dotCMS. On the backend, there are authorship features from where you can create many roles and permissions for accessing your content.
Here are the benefits of using dotCMS :
- It has a pretty good Edit-mode which allows you to edit the site as your heart desires.
- Publishing Freedom – You can publish dynamic and static content. Scheduling content is also possible.
- Seamless Integrations – you can easily integrate many technologies without any hassles.
- API First – Everything is future proof because of Rest API.
- Multi-Cloud, you get the options to deploy on a public or private cloud.
HubSpot CMS is a great CMS that is used by marketers and businesses who want to connect with their customers. It comes with a built-in configuration with the free HubSpot CRM. It helps you to add leads directly to your CRM, you can also personalize your site to individual visitors. This way you can convert those to your customers.
One thing you should note – it isn’t for newbies. It’s pretty expensive too and you will need to have developers if you want to manage it. For non-techy users, there’s a drag-and-drop builder.
Here are the benefits of using HubSpot CMS :
- It comes with built-in A/B/n testing. You can easily optimize your content.
- There are SEO recommendations that let you rank higher on Google.
- 24/7 support if you get stuck anywhere.
- 24/7 security monitoring. There won’t be any security issues on your site.
- Content Attribution – it tells you where your leads are coming from.
There were the best CMS (website platforms) that you can use to run your website. That being said, WordPress(org) is the best CMS platform out there for any kind of website. It only lags a bit behind in E-Commerce but it’s catching up.
So, which one of these CMS platform do you like the most? Which website platform do you use? What’s stopping you from getting started with these platforms? Let us know in the comments below…