Running an online store is one of the best ways to make money online. But to make an online store successful, you need to select the right E-Commerce platforms else you won’t be able to make it. We will tell you which will be the best one for you…
So, What are E-Commerce Platforms?
E-commerce platforms let you build an online store without the need for coding skills, a high budget, or a flashy degree in web design. These platforms come with industry-specific designs, tools, and much more. All in all, it’s there for setting up and running your online store seamlessly.
There are tons of e-commerce platforms available, but not all are worth it. You shouldn’t ever waste your time on second-rate platforms in any niche, else you will suffer. Here are some of the best ones…
Best E-Commerce Platforms – 2021
Shopify is without a doubt, the best e-commerce platform – no matter how big your store is. It runs more than a million stores worldwide. The number of sales done on Shopify is of $155 billion; that’s a statement of how good service they provide.
Shopify is the best eCommerce platform to sell your products. If your sole aim is to sell your products and wish for an online store that won’t have any issues then it’s the way to go. You can’t be wrong with Shopify.
Here are some benefits of using Shopify :
- There are the same features across plans.
- You can add additional shipping discounts.
- There no limit on the number of products you can list. It’s unlimited.
- There’s an In-house payment platform. You can add other payment providers if you want.
- 24/7 support. You can contact them via live chat, phone support, and email.
BigCommerce is quite well known in the E-Commerce platforms space. The stores that are backed by BigCommerce grow at a double rate than the industry standard. There’s no wonder about it. BigCommerce also has pretty big clients – Clarks and Ben & Jerry’s.
It has the best features among other e-commerce platforms. However, it ain’t easy for newbies. There is a lot of technical knowledge that you should have if you’re considering working on this platform. It is not much beginner-friendly.
Here are some benefits of using BigCommerce :
- There are many great in-built features which will help in the growth of your online store.
- You can sell through multiple channels like FB, Insta, etc.
- There are many great analytics tools which helps in keeping the track of your visitors.
- It’s great for SEO. There are many SEO tools present in BigCommerce.
After Square (the payment processing giant) bought one of the best website builders Weebly in 2018, Square Online was launched. Square Online is the combination of their best traits – Square’s payment processing and Weebly’s easy website building platform.
The interface is just like Weebly. We are pretty sure that you’re going to enjoy Square Online’s amazing new features. It also comes with a free e-commerce plan that you can use if you’re new to online business. It’s the best value for money online store platform.
Here are some benefits of using Square Online :
- It’s pretty affordable. It isn’t as costly as many platforms on this list.
- You will find it easy to use. The dashboard is clean and you will find most of the info: sales, customer journeys, and abandoned cart here.
- The drag-and-drop feature is easy to use. You will find the design process efficient.
- The support is great, they are available 24/7.
Wix is everywhere. No kidding! It’s one of the best (if not, the best) drag-and-drop e-commerce hosting platforms. It powers more than 700,000+ stores worldwide and also provides hosting for your online store at a reasonable price.
There are three specific Wix plans that are for e-commerce site owners. Having 100 million userbases and 700,000+ stores isn’t an easy feat and speaks of the quality they provide. There are many amazing features that are offered by Wix, we will learn about them next.
Here are some benefits of using Wix :
- There’s no transaction fee. You won’t be charged for any transaction you make on the platform.
- There are more than 500 free templates from which you can select for your store.
- You can list unlimited products on the store. There’s no limit.
- There is an in-house payment platform. If you want you can easily integrate other payment providers.
- 24/7 support. You can contact the team via phone or open a ticket.
OpenCart is the only free, open-source e-commerce platform on this list. It’s pretty easy to use and currently powers more than 342,000 eCommerce stores. There are tons of built-in extensions and features which are amazing, your store will always be great.
Even if you’re a beginner you won’t have any issues with using OpenCart. There seems to be no downside to these platforms; it offers free support. You can get paid dedicated commercial support after paying a fee of 99$/month. It’s reasonable.
Here are some benefits of using OpenCart :
- There are many free extensions available.
- You get integrated shipping methods. You don’t have to go and do it manually.
- There are 36 gateways available for integration.
- The support forum is great. Regarding your query, you can find all the answers there.
- It’s free, you don’t need to pay anything unless you want dedicated commercial support.
Zyro was launched in 2019, as of writing this it’s only a year old. They have come up with many great ideas and are working for a simplistic online store platform. Comparing Zyro to other e-commerce platforms, it’s quite cheap and starts at 8.99$/month.
You can make use of Zyro’s drag-and-drop functionality to design your e-commerce store. It allows you to add physical and digital products at this point, after some time you will be able to sell subscription-based products. It also uses AI to help design your store.
Here are some benefits of using Zyro :
- The cheapest plan starts at 8.99$/month. Even small businesses can afford it.
- There’s no transaction fee present. You can make sales without worrying about it.
- Integration of more than 70+ payment gateways.
- You can select from 11 free themes. The other themes are paid.
- You get a free domain for the whole 1 year. It usually costs 9.99$/year.
- There’s a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t like it you can ask for a refund.
These were the best E-Commerce platforms that you can use to run your online store. Shopify is the best platform for selling anything. There isn’t any other platform that comes close to it.
So, which one of these E-Commerce platforms do you think is the best one? Which one of these platforms have you ever used? Is there any platform you don’t like? Let us know in the comments below…